Conveniently located on North Decatur Road near Emory University and adjacent to Druid Hills High School, our historic facility is crossed by the PATH sidewalk, provides space for a preschool and playground, has a unique brick walking labyrinth always open on the front lawn, is used as a meeting place for a variety of organizations, and holds many special events. While our lovely sanctuary inspires worship, the church is more than the building, it is the gathering place for a progressive and inclusive community of faith reaching out to share love to each other and all of God’s creation.
Weddings & Receptions
With its center aisle, wonderful acoustics and seating for around 180 guests, our Sanctuary is a beautiful setting for weddings. The Fellowship Hall and kitchen located in the adjacent building may be used for rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions.
The use of the Sanctuary for the celebration of marriage of ALL committed relationships, including same-gender relationships, is welcomed depending on scheduling availability and mutual needs of the couple and the church staff.
Select areas of the church’s facilities are available for rental. In addition to weddings and memorial services, the Sanctuary is used for concerts and other musical events. In the Education building, the Fellowship Hall is available for community gatherings, meetings, receptions, and social events, and several of the second level rooms are available for long-term rentals.
Labyrinth & Garden Sanctuary
The Chalice Labyrinth is always open on the front lawn as a path for meditation and prayer. Between the two buildings is a quiet outdoor sanctuary seating area surrounded by a lovely garden.
Initiated as a mission of Decatur Presbyterian Church in the spring of 1940, Emory Presbyterian Church began meeting as a community at the Emory Women’s Club Building on Haygood Drive.
After property at 1886 North Decatur Road was purchased, architectural building plans were drawn for a chapel and education building. The beautiful Gothic chapel sanctuary was completed in 1954, and the education building was completed in 1958. A much larger sanctuary in front of the education building was originally considered but was never added.
In 1974, the magnificent pipe organ was built and installed by Gabriel Kney & Co., Ltd., of London, Ontario, Canada. The prayer and meditation labyrinth on our front lawn was added in 2002.
For over 75 years, Emory Presbyterian Church has been proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed, and has been a vital part of the community life of the Emory/Druid Hills/Decatur area. Trusting in God, we look forward to many more.