Join us this Sunday as we continue our journey through the season of Lent. The Rev. Jill Oglesby Evans will be preaching and beginning a new sermon series.
Meal Bags for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta!
As in years past, EPC will respond during Lent to a standing request for help from the Social Work Office at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. We will put together meal bags for parents of children in the hospital who cannot afford meals during their child’s hospitalization. How can you help?
Bring single-serving foods for the meal bags:
* Grits, instant oatmeal, granola bars, protein-rich breakfast bars
* Tea bags, cider, hot chocolate
* Pop-top, microwaveable cans of soup, stew, pasta, vegetables; mac & cheese packets; tuna and crackers (no Ramen Noodles, please)
* Fruit cups (vitamin C fortified if possible), applesauce, boxed raisins
* Sweet treats: cookies, Nutrigrain or other low-protein granola bars
* Savory items: nuts, pretzels, peanut butter or cheese crackers
Make meal bags at home to bring to church, or make them at EPC.
Make a donation designated for “CHOA meal bags"
Pray for the children in the hospital, their parents, their nurses, doctors, social workers and chaplains.
And finally, join us for CHOA Meal Bag Night! On Wednesday night, March 25, we will host guests for dinner and to work with us in making meal bags for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta! As they have for the last two years, some wonderful volunteers from the Islamic Speakers Bureau, the Islamic Community Center, and the Atlantic Institute will join us, so be sure to attend, meet new people, and make a difference for children and their families!